Friday, October 28, 2011

Estée Lauder Idealist Even Skintone Illuminator


So this product was sent to me by a lovely subscriber, and man was I thankful! This skin care is not just for old ladies. It's a luxury item for me, and I treasure it.
From the website: 
"proven to dramatically reduce the look of uneven skintone from redness, acne marks, dark spots, sun spots, or discolorations. Instantly, redness is reduced and skin looks fresh and radiant. In two weeks, 62% of women showed significant improvement in skintone. Over time, skin looks noticeably clearer and brighter, vibrant, and more even-toned." That's a lot to hold up, but honestly I've seen a difference. I've been using it for about two weeks, but only consistently for one week. I use this in conjunction with the Korres Wild Rose Serum, and my acne scars have lightened a lot.
(This retails for $58 for 1 oz., and $85 for 1.7oz.)


Typical spout, easy to control pump. (Don't mind the gob.)

You can see it's pearlesence in the formula which is why it instantly brightens skin. What I like to do is to keep luminosity in my skin when using a full coverage is use this as a primer. You can also use it alone as a highlight just on the high points of the face.

Blended, you can see here and below the gold flecks within that really highlight the skin, but not in a disco ball kind of way, it's truly magical. Not to mention the smell! I want this smell bottled and sold as perfume, the scent is to die for.


You can buy it HERE on Estée Lauder's website. 

1 comment:

  1. I came across your youtube channel through chictopias facebook posting and you had a concern if this product or a new foundation/coverup was causing some breakouts. I have similar skin problems it seems but I would highly advise taking a look at ingredients and comedogenic (meaning clogs pore... acne causing). you'd be surprised how many "acne fighting" products contain ingredients that cause pimples....! I guess they fight the ones you have and create new ones so you keep buying the products. but realizing this has really helped my acne care and improve my skin. I only wish more companies would pay attention and stop using these ingredients. eitherway, good luck! also look up mario bedescu's "Drying lotion" it really is amazing and I have never said that about ANY product.

    ReplyDelete